PLANET ALBANIA, member of PLANET GROUP, was established in 2015 to further strengthen PLANET’s dynamic presence in the country and in the neighboring region. PLANET ALBANIA builds on the strong international presence and long-standing successful experience of PLANET GROUP in supporting public and private organisations to strengthen institutional capacity, implement operations improvement and manage complex projects.
PLANET S.A., the basic company of PLANET GROUP, is privately owned, having as shareholders its top management and the National Bank of Greece, further strengthening the company’s leading profile and prospects. Since 1987 PLANET has been present in most major interventions, transformations and infrastructure investments supporting clients across all sectors of the economy and the public sector.
For almost two decades PLANET has been actively involved in Albania, undertaking major international donor funded Projects, as well as short-term technical assistance assignments in the field of external aid, providing creative advice and practical solutions to exploit local potential.
Indicative cross border projects that PLANET has implemented in partnership with government and donor agencies, such as the European Union (EU) and the World Bank (WB) include:
– The scientific and organizational advisory support to the planning of the European Territorial Cooperation Programme “Greece – Albania 2014 – 2020”
– The evaluation of the design and implementation of the Operational Programme INTERREG Greece – Albania 2007-2013
In the fields of infrastructure, PLANET has managed and supported the implementation of various projects. Among them:
– The setup of an Infrastructure Project Facility (IPF) for the preparation of Western Balkans Investment Framework (WBIF) projects in the fields of transport, energy, environment and social infrastructure in the 7 Western Balkan countries
– The preparation of a 30-year concession for the operation & maintenance of the 114 km long highway between the towns of Milot and Morine, funded by the World Bank in Albania.
– The supervision of Vlora bypass construction works, aiming to improve the transport conditions around Vlora and in the wider coastal area, directly related to commerce and tourism.
Similarly, in the area of Information and Communications Technology (ICT), PLANET has indicatively:
– Facilitated the process of South Eastern Europe SMEs participation in EU-funded research in the field of ICT
– Assisted research organizations in Albania to actively participate in EU-funded research in the field of ICT
– Provided technical support to the Government of Albania for the implementation of the Judiciary Sector Information System.
In addition to the above, the company has strengthened its presence in the agricultural sector through the implementation of projects, which aim at improving education and enhancing operational efficiency and participatory governance.